Here are the emotions we felt, in the order we felt them:
2. New Twilight material. That's kind of neat....
3. .....but it's about Bree? That little newborn from Eclipse?
5. Cheese and crackers, I'm hungry. Is it lunch yet?
6. Why is Stephenie writing new Twilight stuff......hey, wait a minute.....WHERE THE HELL IS MIDNIGHT SUN?
While we are just THRILLED that Stephenie Meyer, who has stated (as Andee so very correctly pointed out) that she wanted to be away from the Twilight world for a while, has contradicted herself and brought us some new Twilight noms to munch on, the only question on so many people's minds today is WHAT ABOUT MIDNIGHT SUN?
Steph, listen. We love you. Your brain was the very birthplace of our beloved Edward, Bella and Jacob. You created this fantastic world that makes rational, sane, NORMAL people want to actually check out of the Hey, Reality Really Isn't That Bad Motel and check into your Twilight Hotel of Wonderfulmentness and Wish Fulfillment. (Even though riding the elevators makes you sick, you still get an Edward or a Jacob--or a Bella, for that matter--on your pillow each evening, so it's worth it.) YOU ARE THE MOMMA OF TWILIGHT. You made this all possible. But we. only. want. Midnight Sun.
Stephenie, you are awesome. You are SO AWESOME, in fact, that we are pretty sure there's NOTHING that you can't do. We bet you could:
1. Discover the cure for cancer
2. Bring peace to the Middle East
3. Acheive worldwide nuclear disarmament
4. Fix healthcare. We mean REALLY fix it. Like, to the point where EVERYONE is happy with it.
5. Find the perfect renewable energy source
6. Travel to Mars on a spaceship you built in your backyard.
7. While on Mars, discover the existence of alien lifeforms.
8. Recover the Holy Grail.
9. Unearth the lost city of Atlantis. The real one, not the resort-vacation one.
10.Find out how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop *Note from Andee: Grey totally put "Tootie Pop" instead of "Tootsie Pop" and I had to correct her. I almost didn't because it would have been funny. *
You could do all these things, Stephenie Meyer, and you would be celebrated by the entire world. We would cheer you, toast you, pat you on the back, throw you a ticker tape parade. You would be hailed, applauded, and just plain lauded. But when all the celebrations were finished, we would still ask you....
"But what about Midnight Sun????"